Monday, March 18, 2013

Problem Solving

One thing we really focus on in Bunny Rabbit class is problem solving.  In a single day we have all kinds of problems (mostly small!) and those problems can have a variety of successful solutions. 
Here's a perfect example: a torn paper
Kate came to me and asked me to fix it for her.  I knew good and well the she was perfectly capable of fixing it herself, so I vaguely directed her to the shelves of office supplies we have in the literacy center.  I really didn't know HOW she would decide to fix it, but I had complete faith that she could.  Wait until you see how Kate solved this problem!
I absolutely adore this!  It looks like stitches!  What I love most about this is that she crafted this solution on her own, and it's not even close to what I would have suggested.  I'm so glad I stayed out of it!




No comments: