Sunday, September 28, 2008

Let's Try It

I know it's only been a few weeks since school started, and I know the Bunnies are still learning to trust their new environment. While things are still relatively new, now is a great time to insert good habits into our school day.

For this week (and the next few) let's have the children arrive at the door on their own two feet. I know it will take longer to maneuver through the parking lot. I know they may cry and ask you to pick them up. I know it might be harder to say goodbye. But, I also know that it is very difficult to peel a child off of the parent. I also know that they languish in their tears longer, and that it is much more difficult for a child to engage in the fun of the room if they are held.

I promise, the children comfort themselves best when they get busy. Let's try it!

No comments: